10 Things to Know Before Buying a Home Warranty
Buyers searching for homes for sale in Mt Pleasant SC know that a home warranty is a great tool for peace of mind. However, a home warranty can also be a fantastic cost-effective tool for selling homes in the Mt Pleasant SC area quicker. Know what to expect from a home warranty prior to purchasing. Below are ten of the most important facts to know before buying a home warranty.
1. Always read the home warranty contract thoroughly before signing, to understand what is covered
2. Major systems such as plumbing, electrical, heating, and air conditioning are usually covered
3. Only items and systems in working order at the time of the contract will be covered
4. Structural problems are not covered
5. Built-in appliances are usually covered, as long as they are in working condition at the time the warranty goes into effect
6. Pre-existing conditions are not covered in a home warranty
7. If the warranty company chooses to replace an item, it will be of similar style, quality, and features to the broken item
8. You can’t call your own technician or service provider (such as a plumber or electrician) – the warranty company has a list of contracted technicians and professionals to perform any necessary services or repairs
9. The final decision as to whether an item is repaired or replaced is made by the warranty company, not the homeowner
10. If you want an item replaced that is deemed repairable, the warranty company will give you a credit towards the new item – however the credit is limited by what the cost to repair the item would have been
The key to having a positive experience with a home warranty service contract is to know what to expect. The main purpose of a home warranty is to offer piece of mind to both the buyer and the seller during the purchase transaction.
A home warranty often is the little extra assurance needed to close the deal. There is a lot of free information available to you about buying, selling of homes for sale in Mt Pleasant SC.
For more information about the Mt Pleasant SC real estate market and to search for homes for sale in Mt Pleasant SC, be sure to visit my website.